Today has been designated Blog Action Day. A day for bloggers to unite for a common cause. This year bloggers focused their efforts on poverty. With the economy in crisis this year poverty I feel will be an issues more so than others. With increased costs of food, gas, heat, etc, more families will need our help.
There are many ways in which you can help whether it be on a global scale or right in your own backyard. Below are some ideas that you can help out:
- Donate to your local food pantries.
- Donate clothing, coats, hats, blankets, etc to organization's supplying those in need with them.
- Volunteer at local groups, whether it be a shelter, food pantry, Salvation Army, literacy programs, etc.
- Utilize your own resources to gain awareness such as your own personal blog, Web site or company.
- Bookmark the Hunger Site and click it every day. Be sure to share with all you know as well.
- Donate funds to a charitable organization.