Houseplant Care Tips

Various Houseplant Care Tips Including Watering and Lighting Requirements.


Houseplant Care Tips

Friday, September 19, 2008

20 Common House Plants

Snake PlantIndoor house plants not only add beauty but can also help improve the air quality in your home. There is an endless supply of indoor house plants that you can purchase at almost any home and garden store. Listed below is my list of 20 common house plants in which many are fairly easy to care for. If you need to learn more about these common house plants, simply follow the links to their own plant care page.

Common House Plants

African Violet
Aloe Vera
Chinese Evergreens
Christmas Cactus
Corn Plants (Dracaena)
Crotons
Dieffenbachia (Dumb Cane)
Heart Leafed Philodendron
Jade Plants
Madagascar Dragon Tree
Majesty Palms
Orchids
Peace Lily
Ponytail Palms
Rubber Plants
Sago Palms
Snake Plants
Spider Plants
Yuccas
Zebra Plants

Labels:


 AddThis Social Bookmark Button AddThis Feed ButtonAdd to Technorati Favorites

6 Comments:

Blogger kmcblane said...

I have some house plants that I do not know what they are. I have never been a green thumb and I recieved these plants from two funerals that were in baskets together. I have seperated them out but am not sure that I am caring for them correctly. I know that one is a wondering jew, one is a type of prayer plant, and i believe one is a type of angel plant. It is very odd leaves with speckled dots. Right now I have all the plants on my sun porch and they are doing great. I keep them watered. Is there a way to send you pics of the plants and you help me name them so I can learn how to care for them once winter comes. I have to bring them in the house because the sun porch is way to cold for them in the winter.

Kim

2:40 PM  
Blogger drayas / Logical Mama said...

kmcblane,

You can email them to me at houseplantcare at gmail dot com and I will try and take a look.

Thanks,
drayas

9:33 AM  
Blogger drayas / Logical Mama said...

To all of my readers!!

I mentioned this earlier this year, but comments I'm receiving are not seeing it. I'm honored that my blog has gotten so popular, however I am having an extremely hard time answering all the comments. I will try my best to answer, but will not be able to get to everyone. I am a mother of two children under the age of 6 and work full time. I apologize for not being able to answer everyone. I truly wish I could. I am still here, and I do publish all the comments.

Thank you for reading and I enjoy all of you who love plants as much as I do. I just wish I could help more people out!

Thank you!
drayas

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love my pet TickleMe Plant and how it moves and close its leaves when Tickled. How interesting

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Veldonna said...

Hello Drayas, Veldonna here

I need to know why my ponytail palm (trunk) is splitting all over in little splits? is this normal? Also I'm starting to see the roots from the trunk coming out of the dirt. I thought roots grown down and not up? When I first bought this plant a year ago the trunk was fatter with a lot of leaves all on top, but now it's lost a lot of it's leaves and the trunk is skinnier? What could be wrong? All this happen within a year I've had it.

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my ponytail palm has a white spider looking growth, it has began to get all over the plant, what is this<fungus ,bug are a dieasie.

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home